Senior C# Developer
REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE FOR THIS ROLE
As a Senior Developer at UPS you work on delivering functionality for highly complex IT systems. You collaborate in agile teams and participate in emerging technologies and processes like CI/CD and DevOps to ensure that we meet our objectives effectively and efficiently. Your primary role is to perform full system life cycle activities, e.g. analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, testing and the implementation of software.
Working in our Europe development center in Eindhoven means working in an international team with onsite people as well as team members located in other parts of the world. You'll be working on projects and implementations of systems used in countries around the world and be part of a large community of agile teams that mainly communicate digitally.
What do you do on an average day?
- You work across multiple agile teams to support them on the roadmap goals agreed to, ensuring the work delivered is professional and up to agreed standards
- Review designs and adjust where needed
- Implement coding standards within the teams
- Mentoring developers in their development
- Interact with corporate partners on system components and backend system
- Ensure consistency of the product and maintain overall quality
- Develop and implement plans to remediate technical debt
- Maintain code repository and management of Pull Requests
- Introduce new technologies and frameworks
- Improves and optimizes the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with the product owners to ensure technical debt is prioritized
- Engage with the product owner and teams on the design of complex user stories
- Ensure products conform to quality and content standards
What do we expect of you?
- Education: minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Information Systems Management or Information technology
- 5-8 years' experience with software engineering technologies (Visual Studio, C#,Client-Server, SQL Server, XML, JSON and HTML)
- Good understanding of the latest technologies and how to implement them
- Proven experience with design work on existing systems
- Excellent skills in frameworks like MVVM, MVC and SOLID
- Mastering DI/IoC
- Knowing the ins and outs of unit testing (NUnit or Microsoft frameworks augmented with mock supporting objects)
- Experienced in Windows Forms and WPF
- Analytical and problem solving. Motivated to self-learning and deepen your understanding of the fields you're assigned to.
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary
- 29 vacation days
- 8% vacation pay
- Commuting allowance
- Bicycle scheme
- Company Fitness benefit
- Excellent benefits including company pension scheme and discounts at major retailers.
- Industry-leading training to build on your existing talents.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy'.
- Remote work is possible with this role (flexible work)
Apply on company website