Ontdek je volgende kans bij een Fortune Global 500-organisatie. Stel je innovatieve mogelijkheden voor, ervaar onze belonende cultuur en werk met getalenteerde teams die je helpen elke dag beter te worden. We weten wat er nodig is om UPS een succesvolle toekomst te bieden: mensen met een unieke combinatie van vaardigheid en passie. Als je de kwaliteiten en drive hebt om jezelf of teams te leiden, staan er rollen klaar om je vaardigheden te cultiveren en je naar het volgende niveau te brengen.
As a Purchaser / Category Buyer for UPS SCS NL, you're responsible for vendor management including sourcing, negotiating, selecting, qualifying, performance evaluating and retaining relationships – supporting both GLD and HLD sites. As subject matter expert you act as primary interface between business and vendor, with a high level of independency and responsibility, managing your own portfolio of ~80 vendors. You collaborate with the cross-functional departments and are responsible for providing analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives.
What will your day look like?
- Conduct all facets of procurement responsibilities, including RFP's, feasibility studies, contract administration, spend and cost saving analysis that support executive decision-making in finalizing contracts;
- Coordinate vendor escalations, complaints and requests receiving from the business in collaboration with the different departments;
- Make sure that procurement procedures and strategy are up-to-date and followed at all times;
- Support EU procurement in new project initiatives for the business;
- Lead negotiations for the best rates in combination with optimal Terms and Conditions and manage service levels agreements – for both new and existing contracts;
- Supervise the weekly temp agency hour process, corrections and billing;
- Process new vendor requests from the business in association with F&A and EU Procurement;
- Work closely with Accounts Payable on solving vendor invoice issues, adjusting payment details and matching Oracle ERP purchase orders;
- Ensure all vendors are compliant to our quality standards including qualifying regulations for HLD Critical and NL Critical vendors.
What skills are we looking for?
- Education: Bachelor/BA, preferably in business or supply chain management; or similar work experience
- Relevant experience of some years in a Procurement/Logistics/Purchaser/ Category Buyer environment;
- Fluent in English (Dutch and/or German are pre);
- Strong analytical, hands-on and able to communicate and connect on different levels in the organization;
- Confident in negotiating towards achieving business goals and adequate in maintaining vendor relationships;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint – experience with Oracle ERP and/or Coupa system is a pre;
- Good discipline in time management and an ability to work within set deadlines;
- Independent and pro-active driven with a sense of constant improvement.
What do you receive from us?
- A competitive salary based on experience starting from 3174 bruto each month. After six months a first possibility to get a salary increase up to 4% when performance is good.
- Excellent benefits including 29 leave days based on a full-time position, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance, company pension scheme, collective health insurance, phone/laptop (if needed), bicycle scheme and discounts at gym subscription.
- Industry-leading training to build on your existing talents.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and grow thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy'.
UPS zet zich in om een werkplek te bieden die vrij is van discriminatie, intimidatie en vergelding.
Apply on company website