Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.Part Time Centre Administration Clerk (UK) Position Summary:
A UPS Centre clerk is responsible for various administrative tasks that occur in the UPS Centres. This is a varied and challenging role as there are many duties required. These duties can span from reception work, dispatch, banking and customer service. Dependant on location a UPS administrative clerk generally works between 15 - 30 hr's per week. As UPS is a 24 hour operation various hours may be available. Currently at the UPS center in Northampton the hours are:
Monday to Friday 17.30 - 21.30
- Dealing with customer queries in a professional and timely manner whether on the phone or face to face.
- Liaising effectively between various UPS Departments.
- Providing customer counter cover, for example receiving packages that require exporting and assisting with customer collections.
- Investigating and reporting to the Centre or customer to assist with query resolution.
- Cash handling and banking duties.
- Meet set targets on a daily basis.
- Responsible for any additional tasks given.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, friendly attitude required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time specific and targeted environment.
- Work well in a team.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Self motivated and well organized.
- Polite, professional confident manner.
- Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
Apply on company website