Lead Database Analyst
We're the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Information Management at UPS Technology:
Our Information Management teams are responsible for designing and supporting data solutions to meet UPS's rapidly changing business needs. Our team is comprised of individuals who are experts in data management, compliance and governance. We ensure quality, completeness, availability, protection, understanding and effective use of our data assets. Our ability to organize and design the wealth of data we receive each day provides the foundation which enables many of UPS' core processes.
About this role:
The Lead Database Analyst interacts with functional representatives, business analysts, database analysts, data architects, and Systems Administration and Programming and Application Development project teams to enable data operations requirements to support the effective storage and retrieval of data. He/She functionally leads other database analysts. This position provides the definition of logical and physical data elements to promote data sharing, reuse of data objects, and a coherent data source strategy. He/She demonstrates a significant understanding and analysis of applications transformation of data into business information and the manner that information supports and enables key business processes. The Lead Database Analyst drives consistency and drafts and maintains standards and procedures for database environments to ensure enterprise compliance. He/She implements and maintains the enterprise's production and development databases. This position monitors and analyzes performance metrics, back-up, and recovery procedures and allocates database resources to achieve optimum database performance. He/She plans forecasted enterprise resource needs.
- Expert knowledge of Database Administration, Database Backup and Recovery, Database Performance Tuning, SQL Server Administration
- Advanced troubleshooting & technical analysis skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Operating System, SQL & TSQL
- Working knowledge of database servers and SQL Server AlwaysOn Avaiability Groups
- Previous experience as an adminstrator of SQL Server Databases is required
- Candidate must be highly motivated with strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Previous experience participating in production support calls
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website