Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to move your career path forward? UPS is seeking a passionate, results-driven Buildings and Systems Engineering (BaSE) Supervisor to join our winning team. The BaSE Supervisor oversees UPS assets, including buildings, equipment and grounds, to ensure operations run efficiently. He/She supervises facility maintenance, housekeeping operations, environmental and labor compliance, facility safety-related issues and conveyor system reliability.
The BaSE Supervisor manages all project and process-engineering activities, including detecting issues and working with others to identify, recommend and implement cost-effective solutions that improve productivity. He/She determines corrective action for damaged or worn equipment and supervises the scheduling of necessary repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs). The BaSE Supervisor also audits PMI completion and conducts facility and repair inspections, identifies operational improvements and coordinates equipment repairs to improve package flow and safety.
In addition to estimating project costs and assisting with schedules, drawings, feasibility studies and project funding requests, the BaSE Supervisor creates and distributes bid documents and project manuals, evaluates incoming bids and project estimates and recommends/awards contracts. He/She ensures facility appearance is maintained at an acceptable level at the most reasonable cost and may also supervise others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises “in house” mechanic teams to maintain both quality conventional and automated package handling systems
- Oversees maintenance of UPS facilities and systems via both UPS Mechanic Teams and Outside Service Contractors
- Oversees building appearance and housekeeping operations
- Oversees, audits and ensures facility, system and process compliance pertaining to regulatory agencies which regulate UPS operations
- Develops projects from concept to completion to meet operational/district requirements
- Maintains control of project expenditures to avoid cost overruns
- Supervises contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs
- Conducts field audits and investigations and prepares reports outlining issues
- Works with project managers to ensure work meets business needs, applicable codes and quality standards
- Inspects facilities, systems and projects to ensure safety, environmental and contract compliance
- Determines employee training needs and produces continuous development plans
Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled in all modes of oral and written communication including one-on-one, small groups, larger groups, etc.
- Skilled in communicating with workers of various backgrounds, trades and disciplines, both management and non-management
- Enjoys and is proficient working with people in a team environment, both as team leader and team player
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills and follow up; able to handle many tasks and maintain forward progress and reporting
- Proficient in developing project management plans and leading implementation using project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.)
- Skilled at creating estimates and forecasts based on research, analysis, and qualitative information within specified parameters
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of finance and accounting theory/principles to manage budgets
- Effectively develops preventative maintenance procedures, and communicates impact of poorly performing equipment on operations
- Identifies problems or inefficiencies with current buildings or plants, and modifies plans and recommends new design specs
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of physical asset management and identifies physical resources to meet business needs, and understands the appropriate use of existing physical tools, equipment and materials
- Identifies internal customers' needs and vendors to meet operational requirements, determines costs, creates bid proposals, and analyzes vendor estimates and develops recommendations for award
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering – Preferred
- Experience identifying internal customer needs – Preferred
- Experience with vendor management to meet business needs – Preferred
- Experience with AutoCad or similar drafting programs – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Apply on company website