UPMC Western Maryland is looking to hire motivated, detail-oriented Transporters that take pride and passion in their work! Now hiring for regular full-time, flex full-time, part-time, and casual positions. All positions will work rotating weekends and holidays.
Transporters will transfer patients to all areas within the hospital as well as service the outpatient ancillary areas; this includes the Medical Arts Center located adjacent to the hospital.Duties may also include moving equipment, empty beds, IV poles, wheelchairs, etc.
UPMC Western Maryland's Patient Transportation Team takes pride in providing patients, visitors, and staff with excellent service and care. We strive for greatness and work towards the common goal of the facility which is to provide our community with the best place to receive care.
- Perform inspections and disinfecting procedures on transportation equipment utilized by the department.
- Record transportation data electronically in the Transport Tracking System and/or manually on appropriate forms and logs utilized by the department.
- Delivers supplies, equipment, medication and other materials to the patient units, and other designated areas in a safe, timely, and accurate manner. Ensures that a handoff of medication occurs with the nurse.
- Report the status of transportation activities and abnormal activities to the manager in charge.
- Deliver supplies, equipment, and other materials to the patient units, and other designated areas in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
- Transport patients and adjunct equipment via prescribed vehicles between patient units, treatment centers, and their designated areas in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
- Maintain a courteous professional demeanor and communicates appropriately with patients, visitors, hospital personnel, and fellow employees at all times.
- HS Diploma/GED or one year previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED
- Requires the ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete
- Transport duties and the ability to use Transport equipment.
- May in the course of their duties be in rooms where medications are stored or may transport medications when they transport patients.
- Transportation of medication is limited from one department to another.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website