Located in Cumberland, MD - UPMC Western Maryland is full of opportunities for those looking to take the next step in their career! We are currently hiring a Practice Manager to support the Schwab Family Cancer Center.
Responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating staff and operations at physician offices and clinic sites in order to provide quality, cost-effective care.
- Manages daily operations at physician offices and clinic sites and coordinates work activities.
- Manages schedules and call-offs.
- Ensures office space, supplies, equipment, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care.
- Manages all functions of the financial and patient management system at physician offices.
- Ensures compliance with all system-wide/departmental policies and procedures, including maintaining patient confidentiality, as well as compliance with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health, etc.).
- Integration of new physicians into CMI practices.
- Monitor and meet practice specific benchmarks inclusive of point of service and scheduling (inclusive of template management for timely patient access), if applicable.
- Works with senior management to prepare budgets and ensures operations are aligned with organizational objectives and meets performance and budget objectives.
- Develop and maintain a patient-centric culture, centered around patient arrival and follow up activities in line with the consumerism initiatives, if applicable.
- Recruits, hires, train, and supervises assigned personnel in satellite facilities, including responsibility for performance evaluations, merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions of staff.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Communicates effectively with senior management and physicians providing regular updates on operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in health or business administration and three years of office management experience including one year in a health care organization OR Master's Degree in health or business administration and 1 year of office management experience including one year in a health care organization OR Associate's Degree in health or business administration and 8 years of office management experience including one year in a health care organization OR High School Diploma and 8 years of office management experience including one year in a health care organization.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website