See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers – it's more than just a job!
UPMC Western Maryland is hiring a full-time Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner to help support Intensive Care Department. This position will work 12 hour shifts providing 24-7 coverage with no on-call. This position will work every third holiday; every third weekend.
The ICU is an 18-bed critical care unit in Western Maryland. It is staffed 7-days a week 7a-7p with an in-house Intensivist. These positions will be the covering provider on nights. They will report directly to Dr. Bataineh. UPMC Western Maryland is a designated Stroke, Trauma, and Cardiac center. 2020 MAAPE Excellence Award Recipient; 2020 Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Stroke; U.S. News High Performing Hospital for COPD and Heart Failure 2020-21
Under the clinical supervision of a physician, provides patient care promoting wellness while treatingchronic and acute illnesses. Works within the guidelines of the Maryland Board of Nursing and inaccordance with a written agreement with a licensed physician.
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
- Contribute to UPMC's mission of Life Changing Medicine
- Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What UPMC Can Do for You:
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other importance aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
- Competitive pay for the work that you do – base pay, merit, and premium pay
The Staff Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The Staff APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Staff APP has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Staff APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Staff APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Staff APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Staff APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as wellas the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone forthe situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Clearly demonstrates a desire for a high level of satisfaction among customers. Communicates regularly withexisting customers and makes it clear that customers can initiate conversations about concerns or issues.Accurately assesses the level of customers satisfaction through both confidential surveys and ongoingdialogue.
- Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner. Is able todemonstrate skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations.
- Possesses the technical skills and systems knowledge required to perform essential tasks in an efficient andeffective manner. Demonstrates the willingness and ability to train or coach others in his/her area of technicalexpertise.
- Demonstrates that s/he is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuableideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon tofulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs
- Provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment
- Handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care
- Good clinical judgment
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients
This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Education, Certifications, and Clearances
- The successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program is required
- BSN, MSN is preferred
- Professional nursing experience and/or nurse practitioner experience is preferred
- Current state RN license and CRNP certification are required
- National certification, eligible for licensure by Maryland board of nursing, eligible for certification as a CRNP by Maryland state board of nursing
- Current CPR certification is required
- Act 33 Clearance will be required
- Act 73 Clearance will be required
- Act 34 Clearance required
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusions that is charged with executing leading-edge and next- generation diversity strategies to advance the organization's diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resources Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Difference) Network, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website