UPMC Western Maryland is searching for a Manager for Imaging Services..
Coordinates daily operations for the Imaging Department. Performs duties of a medical imaging technologist as required. Develops, interprets and applies organizational and departmental policies and procedures, budgets, goals and objectives consistent with the strategic plan.
- Assist the Director with management of departmental operations. Maintain day to day operations over varies modalities.
- Direct and oversee procedures and personnel related to charge processing in the RIS
- Work closely with Radiology Director and Supervisors to develop a team atmosphere.
- Act as a system resource for protocol development and training programs. Coordinate quality control activities and accepts responsibility for the resolution of problems that arise.
- Create processes and quality improvement initiatives for the division.
- Maintain timekeeping in Kronos and provide MRS submissions.
- Accountable for all financial, operations, volume and quality for the department.
- Maintain job descriptions, evaluations and orientation for the division.
- Perform monthly staff meetings and update staff on process changes, hospital changes, and departmental changes. Perform hiring, dismissal, employee reviews, and training programs.
- Interact with vendors and other service providers to maintain high quality equipment.
- Identify and respond to complaints, problems, and issues, conduct investigation, take corrective action and prepare related documentation.
- Manage multiple projects/duties, set priorities, and utilize good planning skills to enhance complete productivity, exam turnaround and patient satisfaction.
- Oversee the maintenance and integrity of the appropriate modality CDM. Maintain current knowledge of CPT guidelines.
- Establish and maintain an atmosphere of caring and support by directly utilizing the UPMC core values.
- Interview, select, orient, evaluate, schedule, counsel and discipline assigned personnel.
- Participate in the preparation with the DOH and TJC.
Bachelors Degree is required.
5 years of experience in a radiology discipline with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity required.
Completion of satisfactory formal training in a radiology related program accredited by the ARRT or NMTCB, i.e. Radiology or Nuclear Medicine.
Must attend continuing education programs and maintain an active registry status.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Maryland Board of Physicians Radiographer License if applicable
Must possess a current Registry in Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, or MRI (ARRT or RDMS).
- ARRT Certificate OR Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- ARRT Radiography
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranTotal Rewards
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website