Operate, maintain and round a variety of mechanical equipment in a hospital and research environment as assigned.
- Inspect electrical distribution systems, locate short circuits, loose connectors, worn motor brushes, etc.; inspect fire alarm system and provide first response to all fire alarms.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, equipment rooms and shop areas.
- Maintain all written logs pertaining to shift responsibilities, i.e., med gas, equipment room rounds, etc.
- Maintain water chemistry and testing procedures on equipment and building systems.
- Operate and maintain a variety of building's direct digital control (DDC) systems.
- Order materials as needed.
- Perform all work following infection control procedures.
- Perform minor carpentry and painting work.
- Record work orders and submit hours to supervisor on a daily basis.
- Minor repairs and maintaining of plumbing fixtures, piping systems, plumbing leaks (soldering), defective pipes and clogged drains.
- Safely and efficiently operate and maintain all mechanical systems, i.e., steam pressure heating systems, water systems, ventilation systems, refrigeration equipment, etc.; round mechanical equipment and machine rooms in all buildings as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Trade school or trade specific multi-discipline certificate required. Military experience considered.
- 2 years stationary engineer work experience working in a healthcare or commercial building environment.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Driver's License. NIULPE Class 4 or 5 engineer license required within 30 days of hire. City of Pittsburgh Stationary Engineer license required within 30 days of hire OR what is required per the local governing authority, *must meet applicable local codes
- City of Pittsburgh Stationary Power Engineer
- Driver's License
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website