$7,500 Sign-on bonus!!
The graduate nurse GN/graduate practical nurse GPN is an individual who has graduated from an accredited program of professional nursing or practical nursing who has not yet obtained licensure. The GN or GPN mayperform the activities of a professional nurse as outlined by the Maryland Nurse Practice Act afterdemonstrating competencies. The nursing graduate will practice only under the direct supervision of aregistered nurse who is physically present on the unit. The graduate nurse position allows the nursinggraduate to obtain valuable experience and skills while waiting for licensure. The Graduate Nurse, GN or Graduate Practical Nurse, GPN, may practice based on regulations until the earlier of 90 days from graduation OR receipt of the results from the initial NCLEX examination taken.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as wellas the best way to get that accomplished. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone forthe situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Clearly demonstrates a desire for high level of satisfaction among customers. Communicates regularly withexisting customers and makes it clear that customers can initiate conversations about concerns or issues.Accurately assesses the level of customers satisfaction through both confidential surveys and ongoingdialogue.
- Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner. Is able todemonstrate skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations.
- Demonstrates that s/he is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuableideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon tofulfill any commitments made to others on the team.
- Provides accurate, timely, and legible record of interventions, outcomes, and communications.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Prevents or manages interruptions untilthe highest priority tasks are accomplished. Consistently plans time to ensure adherence to timelines.Proactively renegotiates timeline when necessary, ensuring consensusamong all stakeholders.
- Associates degree in Nursing required for Graduate Nurse, GN or Graduate from an accredited LicensedPractical Nursing Program for a Graduate Practical Nurse, GPN.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification, but will provide training if necessary
- Practicum experience from accredited hospital or Collegiate School of Nursing is acceptable.
- Orientation in this facility will enable beginning practitioners to assume beginning responsibilities.
- Must possess good communication skills and demonstrate ability to function using independent judgementunder the guidance of a provider.
- Ability to handle varying levels of stress in a positive manner.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification, but will provide training if necessary
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website