UPMC Western Maryland is searching for a CNA to support our Clinical Resource Team. This position is primarily day/evening/varied shifts.
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! If you are a CNA seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details
• $5,000 sign-on bonus
Provides routine resident care and support services in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the nurse or physician to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be provided at all times.
- Suggest and support changes within the department.
- Assume responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges.
- Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department.
- Provide direct resident care as directed by the RN and LPN including all activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding, dressing, transporting, toileting and ambulating residents.
- Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks, keeping the department and resident rooms clean and organized, cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed linens, emptying linen hampers, keeping hallways clear of equipment and returning equipment to proper storage.
- Responds to resident needs and calls in timely manner.
- Acquire and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate resident care delivery including, but not limited to, ordering, charging/crediting supplies, setting up resident care equipment within the scope of the nursing assistant position and stocking resident rooms and unit supply areas.
- Deliver resident nourishments and assist with feeding as needed; fills water pitchers.
- Perform routine tests such as resident weights, vital signs and Intake & Outputs.
- Provide feedback to the RN/LPN regarding resident care and reports changes in resident status in timely manner.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department.
- Establish appropriate and effective communication strategies.
- Establish professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting residents.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Identify and communicates learning needs to the unit manager.
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance.
- Request assistance in planning and prioritizing activities as needed.
- Participate in self-review as requested by the unit manager.
- May apply, monitor and remove resident restraints as per physician or facility protocol.
- Provide diversional activities to reduce or prevent use of restraints.
- Document in the medical record according to established procedures.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions and understands policies and procedures for blood borne pathogen exposure.
- Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to resident care and facility related information.
- Responds within the scope of the nursing assistant role to emergent situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- If entering position as part of CNA training program, employee has 120 days to obtain CNA Students entering Nurse Aide Training classes who have residency in PA must have a Photo ID with a PA address
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website