UPMC Western Maryland is looking to hire motivated Food Service Attendants with an ambition for learning on a daily basis. Now hiring for regular full-time, flex full-time, part-time, and casual positions.Shifts can include daylight, evening, and overnight shifts. These positions will work most weekends and holidays.The Food Service Attendants are responsible for the timely assembly, final preparation and service of nutritionally-appropriate and attractive meals. Practices appropriate food handling techniques and food safety procedures in all aspects of job. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Assures the necessary food and service equipment / utensils are secured for assigned area prior to meal service.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus and patient / guest specific requirements.
- Maintains food safety and quality as mandated by PA Department of Health/Allegheny County Health Department/PA Department of Welfare (where applicable)
- Adheres to department procedures regarding the operation of all food service equipment.
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines.
- May also perform the following job responsibilities based on Facility/Department requirements:Inventories and stocks bulk supplies, following established procedures and designated timeframes.Patient Service Specific Responsibility: Serves patient meal tray using the designated department script, to include proper patient identification.Bus tables and sanitize tables and chairs.Deliver meals to residents' rooms when requested.Set tables for the following meal according to the Food Service Guidelines Manual.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED, OR
- Currently enrolled in high school program, OR
- 1 year previous job experience required in lieu of High school diploma/GED.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website