UPMC Western Maryland is searching for an Echocardio Sonographer to support our Cardiology-Echo Department. This is a Day shift; Every 7th weekend; Rotating on call shifts position.
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! If you are an Echocardio Sonographer seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details
• $3,500 sign-on bonus with a 1 year commitment OR $7,000 sign-on bonus with a 2 year commitment!
Performs imaging procedures at an advanced level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of advanced technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and a broad knowledge of cardiac pathology.
- Performs or assists Lead Sonographer or Clinical Specialist in performing QA, regulatory testing, and other technical and research initiatives.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment and processes and is able to troubleshoot issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills and a willingness to educate others in their areas of expertise.
- Serves as a resource for new hires and students.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level workgroups.
- Works directly with Cardiologists regarding protocol development.
- Exhibits advanced level of knowledge related to normal anatomy and pathology.
- Able to recognize pathology and the ability to think critically, assessing the patient results for communication with the physician.
- Performs all job responsibilities of Level I Sonographer.
- Conduct himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and departmental values, policies, and procedures.
- Completion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program or professional equivalent required.
- 2 years of echo experience required.
- Performance review consistent with minimum of Strong Solid performance on last performance review.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Registry Required
- CPR/BLS required
- Act 33, 34, 73 as required by business unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website