Delivery and pick up, special requests, and in-between meal food delivery. Provide set up assistance and follow up on patient meal service satisfaction. Check par levels in unit kitchens and replenishes daily. Records I&O and calorie count information.
- Carries out other related activities as requested by supervisor or Clinical Dietitians to ensure quality patient care.
- Visits patients after tray delivery to ensure patients are satisfied with meals. Obtains any missing items and makes item substitutes as needed following diet restrictions.
- Responsible for delivering trays at meal times on assigned areas. Verifies prior to delivery two patient identifiers. Hands isolation trays to nursing for delivery. Uses correct hand sanitizing before and after tray delivery.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of diet office supplies.
- Greets patients with a smile. Addresses patients professionally (by name) and respects privacy.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, and maintains free flowing accurate communication.
- Prior to meal delivery, prints new ADT listing for their area of responsibility.
- Receives and records on the attendance form information from Nutrition Services' personnel regarding sickness or lateness. Reports information to employee's supervisor on duty.
- Delivers patient supplies to floor kitchens and gets form signed. Completes Patient Floor Stock Check Sheet and reports to supervisor any discrepancies.
- Inspects patient trays for accuracy and completeness.
- Pages supervisors and clinical dietitians when necessary to ensure timely relay of messages.
- Picks up trays after patient completes meal. Empties all fluid containers before placing tray in cart for return. Makes sure cart is empty of clean trays prior to placing any dirty trays.
- Must have a high school education.
- Position requires a minimum of 6 months
- If no candidates have the aforementioned job qualifications, then consideration will be given to a candidate who has one-year of acceptable healthcare food service experience.
- Understanding of diet order/restrictions related to specific diets required.
- Previous customer service required.
- Must have an outgoing personality and able to deal with patients, visitors and staff in a positive, courteous, tactful and cooperative manner.
- Computer skills required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website