UPMC Western Maryland is searching for a CT Technologist Adv Multi Skill for our Imaging Department. Sunday through Thursday 11pm-7:30am with rotating holidays.
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes. Rotates between two or more specialties.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level workgroups.
- Performs or assists Clinical Specialist in performing QA, regulatory testing, and other technical and research initiatives.
- Assist with the training of staff and student technologists.
- Performs all job responsibilities of CT Tech I.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills and a willingness to educate others in their areas of expertise. Serves as a resource for new hires and students.
- Maintains flexibility to work within different clinical areas to support the needs of the departments and/or business units to ensure that staffing is adequate to support services across the enterprise. Maintains assigned workflow patterns at site based on patient volumes and continually communicates with supervisors and/or managers.
- Demonstrates competency of specialty equipment (i.e. 3D recon, cardiac scanning, etc.) and analyzes data promptly.
- Monitors quality control activities and demonstrates advanced level of knowledge in Diagnostic Imaging by providing patient care as defined by the most up to day protocols and procedures.
- Works directly with Radiologists regarding protocol development.
- Works as team member within assigned departments to expedite patient care efficiently by demonstrating excellent communication and customer service skills. Effectively communicate with physicians, co-workers, managers, and patients in assigned sites and/or departments.
Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or completion of accredited CNMT program.
2 years of experience required in primary specialty. When rotating between two or more specialties, must hold registry in each specialty.
Must have obtained a performance review rating of strong/solid/good on most recent performance review to be eligible for promotion.
15% of Technologists time must be spent in secondary specialty.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Maryland Radiographer License
ARRT certified as a CT Technologist is required.
Secondary Imaging Certification required.
CPR or BLS Required. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranTotal Rewards
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.Our Values
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Apply on company website