Under supervision, provides front desk support by performing variety of clerical and receptionist duties in support of daily patient services within clinical areas: greets patients, check in and check out procedures. Multi-specialty clinic appointment scheduling, insurance and authorization verification, updating patient demographics, audit billing documents, disposition appointments, co-pay collection, managing/monitoring petty cash drawer, and working closely Center physicians, nurses, staff and other UCSD departments. Other related duties as assigned.
Three (3) years previous related experience in a large complex healthcare setting.
Thorough knowledge of third party payors including federal, state, and private health plans.
Proficient computer skills/ability to work between multiple systems during calls.
Demonstrated ability to work in an interactive environment.
Possess excellent customer service skills.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- EPIC, ORSOS, PCIS, and IDX experience.
- Experience in a fast paced, multi-specialty clinic.
- Authorization and registration experience .
- Urgent or Primary Care experience.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs. Possible overtime.
- Must be willing and able to float to other locations as requested.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Apply on company website