Under supervision, performs technical tasks and procedures to include preventative maintenance as appropriate in each section assigned. Perform all duties in a manner consistent with current laboratory safety standards. Additional duties will include inventory and ordering of supplies, timekeeping, clerical, telephone, and communication with laboratory customers.
- Graduation from college with a major in an applicable natural science; or two (2) years of college courses in the natural sciences plus two (2) years of applicable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year of related high volume lab experience, preferably in a large complex healthcare organization.
- Pathology experience or clinical lab experience.
- Specimen handling experience.
- Reference lab specimen send out experience.
- Bio-hazardous material shipping experience/certification.
- Basic knowledge of FedEx/UPS send out/tracking and ability to multi-task with exceptional record keeping skills to track packages and pending orders.
- Must be able to work all shifts, week-ends, overtime, and at various locations as necessary in accordance with operational needs.
- Must be available to work holidays, weekends, days, evenings, nights, overtime, and on-call.
- May have possible exposure to biological and chemical hazards.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Apply on company website