Plan and coordinate technical aspects of theatrical productions and film/television projects for the Department of Theatre, Film, and Digital Production; coordinate activities associated with lighting, sound, video, and cameras; ensure the timely installation of lighting, sound, video, film, and related equipment; directly supervise and assign technical personnel to various phases of production; review and evaluate students' work for grading or advancement; establish lab training procedures to ensure development and safety of students and staff; design the sound/music for selected productions; oversee the management of the Film Equipment Room to ensure the timely check-in/out of all film equipment for classes and productions. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Certifications Certification Requirement OSHA 10 Preferred OSHA 30 Preferred ETCP Certification Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Shift Work (hours outside standard Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM work hours) Required Travel Required
Minimum Requirements Working knowledge of QLab, Lightwright, Vectorworks, and EOS lighting consoles.
Mastery level knowledge in multiple technical theater production areas such as lighting, sound, video, costumes, hair/make-up, properties, scenery, scenic treatment, et cetera. Thorough working knowledge of University and collective bargaining policies, practices, rules, regulations, et cetera, including safety rules and regulations.
Thorough knowledge/skills in all aspects of budget administration.
Thorough problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
Ability to create, understand and work off of technical drawings.
Thorough organizational skills.
Supervisory experience and demonstrated teaching experience with technical crews.
Thorough verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex instructions and information to disparate constituencies.
Good working knowledge of safety and Cal Osha regulations
Good working knowledge of sound design for theatre.
Mastery level knowledge in multiple technical theater production areas such as lighting, sound, video, costumes, hair/make-up, properties, scenery, scenic treatment, etc.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website