About Unity Psychiatric Care
Unity Psychiatric Care, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc., operates psychiatric hospitals in Memphis, Clarksville, Columbia, and Martin, Tennessee, as well as in Huntsville, Alabama. These hospitals specialize in treating geriatrics who are experiencing a mental health crisis or behavioral disturbances, including those caused by dementia. Unity Psychiatric Care is building a new 48-bed psychiatric hospital in Clarksville, Tennessee for adults slated to open in 2020. Services will include a full range of diagnostic evaluation and behavioral health treatments. For more information, visit UnityPsych.com.
The Housekeeper will perform a combination of cleaning duties to maintain hospital cleanliness while adhering to infection practices and safety regulations with OSHA, CMS, and Licensure Standards
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Organizing and coordinating service to provide a safe and hygienic environment for patients and staff
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitary condition of the hospital
- Adhere to policies and procedures for fluid and wet vacuuming, wet mopping technique, linen service, handling of soiled linens and trash collection
- Adhere to policies and procedures for disposing contaminated waste products
- Adhere to policies and procedures of cleaning of isolation areas
Required Work Experience:
- Prefer 1-year experience as a housekeeping technician and or maintenance experience in a healthcare environment
- High school diploma preferred
- CPR and CPI certification required (or training within 6 weeks upon hire) with yearly refreshers.
- Restraint and Seclusion training (within 6 weeks upon hire).
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Travel required
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Apply on company website