Our acute-care psychiatric hospital provides stabilizing care for adults, especially seniors, who are experiencing a mental health crisis or behavioral complications from a mental health diagnosis or dementia. As Assistant Director of Nursing, you will be responsible for administration of the nursing services under the direction of the Director of Nursing Services.
Apply today if you want a great job in a team-oriented culture where people care about each other. We offer competitive pay, generous benefits and advancement opportunities. Unity Psychiatric Care owns five psychiatric hospitals in Tennessee and Alabama. We are a division of American Health Partners, a multifaceted company with operations in seven states. Come grow with us!
The Assistant Director of Nursing will administer the nursing services under the direction of the Director of Nursing Services in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility, and local, state and federal regulations, to maximize the fulfillment of care-giving needs of the patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
- Orient, instruct and supervise other nursing personnel.
- Evaluate each patient's condition and care and develop overall care plans for patients, including rehab and restorative activities.
- Review and re-write care plan as directed.
- Order medications from facility pharmacy.
- Requisition diet orders and supplies.
- Perform emergency procedures such as Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Assist with the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing of the Nursing Services Department, as well as related programs and activities, incompliance with rules and regulations governing long term care facilities, employers, and in accordance with facility policy.
- Assist in facilitating the coordination of nursing services with other departments to maintain quality care for patients and offer equal opportunities for employees.
- Assist with the scheduling report of personnel
- Assist in making routine rounds and conducting tours with others.
- Assist in reviewing and determining the valid licensure and certification for the position held in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assist in inventorying, identifying and monitoring the storage of equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assist in the planning, developing and conducting in-service education for staff on related Nursing Services functions.
- Assist in determining the staffing needs of the Nursing Services Department
- Assist in arranging for and overseeing patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
Required Work Experience:
- Two (2) years' experience in acute care in a psychiatric hospital.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience implementing total patient care and care planning
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in geriatric and/or psychiatric nursing
- Current State of LPN Required, RN Preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Current State Driver's license
- Current Auto liability Insurance according to Company Policy
- Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Supervises support staff including scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, recommending salary increases, promotions or discharges
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
- Bachelors degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse
Apply on company website