San Bernardino Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group supporting the Inland Empire by providing health care services for adults and children in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner. We have been serving the community since 1954 and are dedicated to quality patient care and satisfaction. Our highly trained staff of Physicians and Specialty Care Teams are committed to serving you!
Join us in creating a better future and you'll soon find you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Family Medicine or Urgent Care Physician to join our Extended Care team.
The chosen candidate must be available to work a combination of
weekday and weekend shifts.
Extended Care Hours:
Monday to Friday: 9 am to 9 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9 am to 5 pmPrimary Responsibilities:
- Treat patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, or necessary outpatient procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Refer appropriate tertiary care to specialists or care facilities
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record.
- Active and unrestricted Physician license in California or the ability to obtain
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine
- Current DEA certificate required
- 2 or more years of Urgent Care or Emergency Room clinical experience
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Managed Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture-we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
SBMG is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine Physician, Urgent Care, ER, outpatient, San Bernardino, CASan Bernardino Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group supporting the Inland Empire by providing health care services for adul...
Apply on company website