Posted Date: Jan 23, 2020
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
- Produces and execute catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website