UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
Education and Experience
- Qualify as Laboratory Director of high complexity, or
- Qualify as a Technical Supervisor of high complexity testing, or
- MD., D.O., with current medical license in State of laboratory location and one year of training/experience in high complexity testing, or
- Doctorate in clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical or biological science and one year training/experience in high complexity testing
- Masters in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and one year training/experience in high complexity testing, or
- Bachelors in medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and one year training/experience in high complexity testing, or
- Associate Degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology and two years training/experience in high complexity testing or
- Certification as a Medical Technologist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologist or with the National Certification Agency for Clinical Laboratory personnel or
- Have previously qualified or could qualify as a Technologist under 42 CF 493.1433 published on March 14, 1990 (55 FR 9538) on or before February 28, 1993.
- Graduate of an approved school of Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or be able to satisfy any other criteria listed in the Code of Federal Register.
- The work is High Risk for exposure to biological and chemical biohazards/agents.
- The work involves daily interaction with nursing in all areas of the hospital, as well as other departments and administrative sections within the hospital.
Under the Direction of the Lab Section Manager, Supervisor Medical Technologist III, and the Laboratory Director, the Medical Technologist performs waived, moderate and high complexity biological and chemical analyses on patient as well as proficiency-type sample, as well as additional duties, as and when assigned by the Section Manager and/or Directors. The Medical Technologist is expected to have a thorough knowledge base greater than that of an MLT or BS-trained technologist, and is also expected to make correct judgment decisions.
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) or Equivalent, Specialty Examination or Equivalent/Education recommended. Minimum: Meet criteria listed in Section 493.1461 of the Code of Federal Register.
- The work of the Medical Technologist may demand continuous standing and walking. The work may also demand frequent sitting, reaching, and may include bending and kneeling. The Medical Technologist may also be required to carry items over 50 pounds. Near visual acuity is required as well as testing fro visual color discrimination. The Medical Technologist must be able to communicate verbally. The hours of duty may be irregular to accommodate departmental requirements. for patient care.
- Basic understanding of laboratory methods, procedures and terminology.
Apply on company website