Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED. Must have knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology and in depth knowledge of cardiac electrophysiology and interpretation of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Work is inside. Hours of duty may be irregular when assistance in covering various shifts is necessary. Exposure to blood born pathogens is of medium risk.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires close interaction with the medical staff, nursing staff, and ancillary departments in order to facilitate a quality multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Job Description
- Responsible for operation of central monitor station in CICU. Continuous observation of all patient parameters for patients on telemetry throughout the hospital including the adult ICUs. Reporting of patient changes to the responsible nurse and/or physician.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- Monitor Technician Course preferred. Successful completion of the Monitor Technician BKAT with a score of 80% or higher within the first 6 months of employment.
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is mostly sedentary; visual acuity required to watch monitors, interpret EKG strips and observe patients for lead placement problems; talking and hearing essential for reporting arrhythmias and following instructions; motor coordination necessary to document strips, and work with monitor console.
- Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of operation and trouble shooting of central station monitors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website