UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement:To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement:Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence:Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
- Education and Experience
- High school graduate with minimum 1-2 years in a social service or business office atmosphere with interviewing experience and preferably county, state and federal health care program knowledge.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position is subject to inside environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions, not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position has verbal and written interaction with fellow employees in various departments within the facility and also other agencies outside of the facility.
- Must be billingual in spanish
- Job Description
- This position is responsible for assisting and the follow up of patients that are seeking financial health care assistance through the Hospital Medical Indigent Program or other funding programs. Conduct face to face or phone interviews with patients to make eligibility determination and advice of potential eligibility status. Serve as direct contact / referral agent to proper counselor or agency for potential funding. This job requires interaction with admission staff, physicians, nurses, administration and various other departments and agencies. Documentation in various areas of IDX is required. This position is responsible for a work list in IDX that requires daily follow-up and completion. Counselors in the FAO are also required to do the following:Financially screen patients and educate on historical visit balances, payments and budget plans.Request and post deposits in IDX and keep batches and cash drawer balanced at all times.Set-up pre-admit visits in IDX and look up charges for various procedures.
- Physical Capabilities
- Occasionally exerts up to 20 pounds of force and or frequently exert a small amount of force to lift, carry , push, pull and move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time, but may also involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to conduct timely, impartial and accurate interviews. This position requires timely and accurate documentation in IDX. Must have knowledge of hospital office practices and procedures. Be able to interpret program policies and regulations accurately and implement them accordingly. Possess ability to work with hospital based computer system.
Apply on company website