The Business Intelligence Analyst II is responsible for defining business needs and helping to develop innovative solutions that meet Supply Chain Operational reporting objectives. This individual will serve as the liaison between IT and business leadership to actualize data requests and functional delivery of business reporting needs; specifically, for the Omnichannel, Transportation, and Distribution Center Operations. The candidate will support projects through the solution development lifecycle and creating ad-hoc reports on an as needed basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and maintains business intelligence tools, applications, databases, dashboards and systems methods with minimal support from a Lead or Manager. Programs the user interface and application side of business intelligence solutions.
- Determines business information needs and identifies system requirements. Analyzes systems to support trend analysis and forecasting. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
- Analyzes business intelligence data and provides reports. Assesses data extraction, report generation and bugs appearing in operations involving the data warehouse or applicable reporting applications. Synthesizes current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action. Documents specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- In partnership with a Lead Analyst or Manager, conducts tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs. Identifies researches and resolves technical problems.
- Performs ad hoc projects related to the entire supply chain, and summarize results using verbal, written, and formal presentation techniques.
- Acts as a liaison between information technology and business units.
- Minimum of two years direct work experience in BI, process improvement
- 1-2 years of Tableau development
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Merchandising and Supply Chain Process Best Practices
- Understands different BI solutions with emphasis on reporting and analytics
- Knowledge of Data warehousing or Business Intelligence required
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Retail business background with strong process and systems acumen
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Knowledge of applications and system development methodologies
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Capability to participate in training sessions, presentations and meetings.
- Minimal travel (0-5%) (DCs, conferences)
Apply on company website