Job Opening Summary
Financial Specialists are the first step within the Revenue Cycle to ensure the Organization is successful and profitable. The information obtained and entered up-front; establishes clean claims, timely and accurate reimbursement and patient satisfaction. Job duties include:
• Collects, validates and enters accurate patient demographic and insurance information
• Completes patient registration prior/upon arrival
• Completes insurance verification
• Secures signatures on regulatory documents
• Obtains necessary referrals, pre-certification and/or authorizations; as required
• Provides financial counseling, including referring patient to appropriate area(s) for assistance
• Calculates patient financial responsibility and provides estimate
• Collects patient monies owed and posts payments within EPIC
• Maintains and balances EPIC cash drawer daily
• Monitor and maintain applicable EPIC work queues
Job Opening Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
College degree or related course work preferred.
One (1) year experience in one of the following: health-related industry or a related industry such as insurance, business, billing or collections.
A working knowledge of medical and insurance industry terminology is preferred
Must have experience which demonstrates ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, recognize and react to changing priorities, make timely and accurate judgement decisions, effectively communicate with other health-care professionals and work independent of direct supervision
Proficiency in applications and demonstrated ability to work with multiple computer systems is required
Must demonstrate exceptional verbal, analytical and written communication skills
Must be adaptable, tactful and able to work under pressure
Must demonstrate an understanding of “first impression” position and the need for appropriate dress, attitude and concern associated with the position
Motor Vehicle Operator Designation:
Employees in this position:
Will operate vehicles for an assigned business purpose as a "non-frequent driver"
NOTE: A frequent driver is defined as one who uses his/her personal or Shands automobile a) at least once daily, b) at least five individual trips per week or c) drives, on average, over 150 miles per week in the performance of his/her job.
Apply on company website