UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Senior Maintenance Technician to join our team at Jefferson at Marina del Rey, our apartment community (298 homes) located in Marina del Rey, CA.
Do you thrive on crafting an amazing customer experience and providing satisfying solutions to customers? Do you want to be a "Care Hero" and it's your job to save the customer's day?
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, every day is an opportunity for you to deliver first-class service in turn achieving customer happiness and resident retention.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the community by ensuring that grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units interior, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots and other buildings and common areas are free of debris, trash, graffiti and other items which affect the appearance of the community. All deficiencies and or risk management safety issues are reported immediately.
- Respond to resident requests for maintenance and service by taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization.
- Ensure that apartments are ready for occupancy by performing electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, carpet cleaning, painting, patching, texturing, basic apartment cleaning and other miscellaneous equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain tools and equipment and ensure that they are in proper working order, request replacements as necessary, and assist in stocking inventory.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with vendor management and ordering supplies/equipment to maintain appropriate levels of inventory within budget guidelines.
- Throughout their residency, you foster an on-going positive relationship with residents confirming their expectations are being fulfilled.
- You identify, share, and implement opportunities to improve resident happiness and service.
- In the absence of a Maintenance Manager, lead, direct and supervise the service team in their day-to-day functions.
- Assist in training and mentoring of new Maintenance Technicians and/or Apprentices.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- After hours on-call rotation is required.
- Organizing- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more vital priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve tough problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at candid analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as a Maintenance Technician in the multi-family, hospitality, or similar industry
- Competency in residential plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, and drywall
- Knowledge of and experience in HVAC and carpentry a plus
- Customer service experience
- Proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers and smartphones
- Valid driver's license and rotating on-call responsibility required
- High school or equivalent preferred
- EPA Type II or Universal certification required
- EPA Type I (Section 608) certification preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification a plus
Career Development and Advancement:
We offer ongoing education opportunities to encourage the skillset development of our employees and have a validated culture of enhancing the growth and advancement of their individual career goals. We are proud to announce the promotion of 124 employees through June 2020, that's an average of 21 associates promoted per month. We believe our employees are the organization's most important asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, Company matched 401(k), vacation and personal time (up to 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, 4 personal days, and 2 floating holidays per year) plus company observed holidays, discounts to live in our best-in-class communities, tuition reimbursement, company sponsored events, community service days, and our annual President's Club held in Las Vegas, honoring our associates for their exceptional customer service and operational excellence.
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities. Become a part of a company that is the industry leader of transformational change and operational innovation!
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website