UDR and its affiliated companies are hiring a Lead Service Request Technician for Savoye and Savoye Squared Apartments in Addison.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Function in a support role to the Service Team Mgr. This Lead Service Request Technician will be the Lead Tech for the Service Request Techs for large multiple communities or a large community when there are well over 500 or more apartment homes. Responsible for ensuring the physical aspects of the community meet the company's established standards and any applicable laws. The Lead Service Technician coordinates the Service Request Technician team in diagnosis of problems and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and appliance. Maintains inventory levels and requests supply orders as needed. Will be the service point of contact for the Service Team Mgr when not on site. Certified in one or all of the skilled trades in which they are responsible.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Service Team Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Maintain inventory levels and request supply orders as needed. May pick up or place orders, utilizing the Ops system at the request of or in the absence of the Service Team Mgr.
- Lead and observe the Service Request Technicians in their day-to-day functions and report observations to Service Team Mgr.
- Schedules Service Request Technicians to efficiently and timely complete all service requests.
- Complete the more complex service requests as needed.
- Complete service request information using OneSite software while on the service call.
- Provide communication to the Service Request Techs as directed by the Service Team Mgr.
- Track service request information completed by all of the service team using OneSite.
- Participate in the awareness of the overall appearance and cleanliness of the communities. All deficiencies and or risk management safety issues are reported immediately.
- Maintain and inspect tools, equipment, and workspace and ensure they are organized and in proper working order, request replacements as necessary, and assist in stocking the inventory.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide back-up coverage for the Service Team Mgr or Lead Turnover Tech as needed or requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of and ability to follow proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, OSHA, EPA, and departmental policies, procedures and standards.
Must have knowledge and experience with electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and appliance repair. Must have knowledge and experience with painting techniques, repair of appliances, and repair of floors, ceilings, and walls. Knowledge of cleaning machines, cleansers and tools.
Ability and willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction. Ability to establish priorities, coordinate work activities, and to lead, train and mentor the service team. Immediately respond to or report any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/resident/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the appropriate individual(s).
Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Ability to examine and repair various types of service equipment. Knowledge of OSHA and EPA requirements. Ability to travel.
Ability to exercise initiative and problem-solving skills. Ability to be pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. Demonstrated ability to understand and comprehend instructions.
The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects. Ability to physically access exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities and be able to climb ladders and access small crawlspaces.
Ability to respond to questions or resolve resident, vendor, contractor or work scheduling issues. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and associates. Must have effective verbal and listening communication skills. The ability to communicate information and ideas in verbally and in writing so others will understand.
Ability to use a computer, a smart phone, and enter service ticket information into the system. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights up to one hundred (100) pounds independently and two hundred and fifty (250) pounds with assistance. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate tools and equipment. Sensory capability to detect odors and hear sounds necessary to detect, diagnose, and repair machinery. Requires normal range of eyesight. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Flexible schedules with occasional evening and regular weekend work. Required to participate in rotation to be “On-Call”.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of four to five years of relevant experience in mechanical maintenance and repair techniques.
- Minimum of one year supervisory/management experience.
- Must be EPA certified.
- Certification in Chlorine, Fluorine, and Carbon (CFC) required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to travel between assigned communities.
- Some locations require certification in pool operation (CPO).
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website