UDR, Inc. is now hiring an Email Marketing Manager to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for the successful design, production, and implementation of the Company's email marketing projects. Ensures execution of marketing strategies are in line with goals for department and corporate initiatives. Analyzes performance metrics and helps identify the best practice to optimize engagement. Will transfer UDR and its marketing initiatives/programs into visually compelling, effective digital experiences that achieve our business goals.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director – Interactive Marketing
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Manage the development of email marketing strategies to support community, corporate, and marketing initiatives.
2. Design, code, test, and deploy email and SMS marketing campaigns to promote UDR communities, programs, and services.
3. Target and query custom audiences by managing email subscriber data as well as extensive content databases to offer personalized and relevant content to subscribers.
4. Apply compelling aesthetics, layout, topography, color theory, and design principles to produce quality work.
5. Manage quality of campaigns to ensure messages are conveyed clearly with correct grammar and spelling.
6. Seek out design feedback and suggestions from internal clients and other stakeholders proactively. Incorporate into projects as required.
7. Leverage expertise to provide consultation and guidance on various email marketing projects with internal stakeholders and regional teams as well as partnering with agency partners and third-party vendors.
8. Manage the tracking and analysis of email marketing campaign performance in order to report and increase engagement.
9. Research new email marketing techniques and other key interactive trends to help inform and lead innovation and long-term strategic planning.
10. Ensure emails are compliant in following industry policies, CAN-SPAM regulations, and best practices to adhere to email marketing and deliverability standards.
11. Manage the troubleshooting of technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, and other aspects of email execution, as required.
12. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
Advanced knowledge and ability in email marketing, interactive trends and ability to lead innovation and long-term strategic planning. Ability to develop and prepare marketing analysis and plans. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to set priorities, exercise sound judgment and clearly communicate findings and advice.
Skilled in the latest email design techniques, applications, and tools. Demonstrated advanced proficiency of email development and functionality, including HTML, CSS, photo optimization, and contact management experience. Advanced knowledge and understanding of email design usability best practices, responsive design, rendering issues across email clients, and dynamic content architecture.
Performs duties that require considerable initiative, organization, independent judgment, proactive problem solving, and strong communication and project management skills. Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and bring attention to detail to each project. Ability to proactively recognize and deliver superior customer service to internal and external customers. Ability to define problems, collect input, and move project forward.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team (including third party vendors), share ideas, and help the Company continue to be an industry leader in digital innovation.
Proven exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Performs duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills.
Ability to provide communication, guidance, and support to Company managers, associates and third-party vendors. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and HTM/email/web design languages. For a detailed list of specific applications, please see Education and Experience.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work may occur. Occasional overnight travel (5%) expected.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree Fine Arts in Graphic Design, web design or related field is required.
2. Minimum of five years of experience in email marketing strategy and as an email marketing producer in consumer products or services working in one of the following areas: Agency, Brand or e-commerce, is required.
3. Expert ability with email marketing platform and tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget), AMPscript, Litmus, etc. is recommended.
4. Ability to maintain databases and target audiences via SQL Query.
5. Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.).
6. Demonstrated experience at a professional skill level in web design languages such as HTML and CSS.
7. Web design and usability a plus.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
9. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website