UDR, Inc. is now hiring a DevOps Engineer to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for the support and innovation of applications and connectivity technologies at the Company. These technologies include but are not limited to Enterprise Datacenter Infrastructure, Microsoft and Red Hat Servers, Virtualization, Containers and the CI/CD pipeline.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Manager – IT Availability
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Innovate and develop project initiatives using new and existing tools to improve systems, processes and create a value add for both IT and other UDR teams.
2. Interact extensively with external/internal providers and stakeholders.
3. Translate requirements of the stakeholder into technical specifications in brief.
4. Determine and test the potential solutions for both technical and business compatibility.
5. Work with the IT staff and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
6. Plan and test schedules for completing system/technology implementations.
7. Supervise implementation of new systems and technologies.
8. Review information sources consistently to stay up to date with the latest information on emerging technologies and items relevant to making sure our infrastructure is maintained to the highest level.
9. Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
10. Coordinate with vendors and divisional personnel to assure availability and timely completion of new installations and other application/connectivity changes.
11. Update Service Delivery staff on technical and administrative applicaton\connectivity issues.
12. Work with internal personnel and vendors to gather information needed for special projects or new activities.
13. Review existing application\connectivity services for opportunities to improve services and reduce costs through removal of excess or inappropriate services.
14. Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
15. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday company issues. Critically understanding the Company's operations, business drivers, systems, and values. Superior analysis and communications skills are critical and the ability to be self-sufficient in fast-paced environment is required.
Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Ability to analyze data and recommend strategy. Perform duties that require initiative, analytical research, organizational skills, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to travel as needed.
Strong organization skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be skilled in focusing on desired results and clarifying next steps to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. Must have the ability to manage workload, to develop efficient and effective processes, and to communicate with managers and staff at all levels of the organization
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent technical background in PC applications including Word, Excel, e-mail, and file management software.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Physical presence onsite is required. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening, weekend work or travel. Rotating on-call required (1 week on, 3 weeks off).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, related field, or its equivalent experience, required.
2. Minimum of seven years' experience required in IT services is desired along with a broad knowledge of technology products and services is required.
3. Work experience with the Microsoft stack, single sign on (SSO) applications, monitoring applications, Office 365, VMWare, Windows Server 2012+ and Linux (Redhat).
4. Technical certifications relevant to the technologies of the job function highly preferred.
5. Experience with containers and orchestration, especially Docker/Kubernetes.
6. Experience with the CI/CD pipeline and development practices.
8. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website