UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Business Data Analyst to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for the maintenance and ongoing data integrity of operational (Ops) data used for recurring and ad hoc analytics, metrics, reports and system processes. Provide ongoing review and/or investigation, analysis and ownership of primary data sources. Position will troubleshoot, identify and resolve data anomalies and implement strategic solutions. Provide testing support for IT projects as needed or requested.
1. Monitor and resolve data related support requests from business users.
2. Pull and analyze data. Present data in a usable format to provide useful solutions-oriented information for key business decisions.
3. Partners with various internal customers throughout the business and provide ad-hoc query support.
4. Provide testing of queries and reports - including researching issues to determine the root cause.
5. Prepare documentation to define system requirements, procedures, or customer communication to resolve issues impacting core work functions and customer group supported.
6. Participate in process review and improvement of team functions and processes.
7. Gather and define business requirements; conduct research projects and report and disseminate the results of those projects.
8. Support financial due diligence effort as it relates to the assigned project or research.
9. Demonstrate high level of customer service with customer contacts and internal team.
10. Maintain recurring daily/weekly/monthly reports and processes for the Operations team including (but not limited to) maintenance of the bi-monthly Renewal process, reporting for Corporate Housing, OneSite/YieldStar Amenities, Pet Analysis, Associate Leases, Market Rent, and Quarterly Transaction Activity for audit as examples.
11. Work with IT to productionalize reports and data exports used by the Ops team.
12. Identify areas where data can be used to improve business activity.
13. Develop requirements for data, reporting, views and tools.
14. Provide quality assurance of imported data.
15. Develop methods to assist with the improvement of data collection.
16. Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
17. Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
18. Troubleshoot reporting database environment and reports as needed.
19. Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
20. Provide assistance with data mining, and data cleansing.
21. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Technology Management or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Minimum 5 years' experience in data analysis role to include database fundamentals necessary to be able to effectively use SQL (SSMS) and MS Access.
3. Demonstrated experience with strong analytical, mathematical, problem-solving, critical thinking, facilitation and elicitation skills required.
4. Proficiency in SQL (build tables, queries, exports, imports, etc.), MS Access and MS Excel.
5. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website