UDR, Inc. is seeking a Bilingual (English & Spanish) Centralized Sales Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for business-to-consumer outbound lead follow-up to prospective renters. Accountable for relationship-building with key stakeholders in property operations. Adheres to a high standard of lead management best practices as outlined by Management. Highly organized and efficient individual who can close sales and bring in revenue.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director – Sales Initiatives
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
• Complete outbound new lead follow-up to prospective renters via text, email and phone. Heavy focus on engaging prospects in leasing conversations at assigned UDR communities.
• Inform prospects about the apartment communities' selling features and match prospective renters to apartment homes that meet their specifications. Must be capable of overcoming objections, cross selling, and upselling floor plans and/or communities whenever possible.
• Set appointments for prospects to tour communities.
• Work successfully in an autonomous capacity adhering to strict weekly/monthly sales metrics. Comfortable working at a desk/computer for 8 hours a day in office.
• Balance a high volume of new lead outreach alongside ongoing conversations with new/existing prospects. Employ meticulous detail orientation.
• Effectively work within a Lead Management System to document all prospect interactions, create/utilize prospect journeys and schedule future follow ups.
• Follow lead management best practices at all supported properties.
• Ensure follow through on engaged prospects until considered “Lost.” Manage time efficiently responding to new leads on the same day they are created or to existing leads as they respond to automated outreach.
• Work with the marketing team to create new follow up automations to better enhance the sales process.
• Work closely with the on-site property sales teams to lease apartments. Utilize online leasing to secure applications from prospects via the website. Contribute directly to the actualization of budgeted/targeted occupancy goals.
• Assist in the screening/lease creation/signing process on all new applications adhering to Fair Housing and UDR regulations.
• Update supported properties' selling documents on a biyearly basis. Gather property Knowledge Base, inclusive of: floorplans, property/unit amenities, contact list, pet policy, property maps, application/leasing funnel, amongst many other touch points.
• Establish rapport with on-site sales associates at assigned properties across a diverse asset-quality and geographic region. Facilitate a culture of cross-collaboration between the corporate Centralized Sales team and the on-site property sales teams.
• Provide exemplary customer service to both prospective renters, as well as, the on-site sales teams that manage UDR apartment properties. Balance the needs of internal and external customers.
• Identify strategic opportunities for department growth and innovation.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures.
Meticulous organizational skills required. Must be nimble, learn quickly, and be capable of clearly conveying the value proposition in leasing. Must display a keen ability to balance the needs of internal and external customers. Bring an entrepreneurial, ‘can-do' attitude to the table on a daily basis.
Knowledge of principles and methods for selling and promoting apartment properties. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations. Ability to effectively present information. Demonstrated knowledge of demographics surrounding assigned properties. Ability to travel domestically to Company properties, as Management dictates. Capable of flexibility in office space including mobile office tools such as: a laptop computer, a tablet, and a mobile phone. Ability to complete and apply all of the provided sales training.
Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Must demonstrate excellent reading comprehension and written composition skills. Proven exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Polished interpersonal skills. Ability to work in an autonomous, self-directed environment. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, prospective residents, residents, and associates.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the internet and internet searches. Must be skilled in word processing, drafting correspondence, and memoranda. Attention to details, and proficiency with MS Office software applications required such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work. Occasional travel in the United States to UDR properties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Minimum of two years' experience with demonstrated Sales experience is required.
• Customer relationship development experience is required.
• On-site Property Management experience is a plus.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website