Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Neurodiagnostic Technician Assistant in the Pediatric Epilepsy Center. In this role, you will perform restorative care activities with a patient centered focus and provide surveillance and basic interpretation of various physiological monitoring for our patients.
As a Level 4 epilepsy center, our Pediatric Epilepsy Center has been awarded the highest classification granted by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). It means we provide the highest level of medical and surgical evaluation and treatment for children with complex epilepsy.
Our Neurodiagnostic Technician Assistant works under the direct or indirect supervision of Neurodiagnostic Supervisor and in partnership with a Registered or Senior Neurodiagnostic Technologist. The Neurodiagnostic Technician Assistant will perform support care activities and provide culturally sensitive care to meet patient needs at all times. The role will require competence in areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in monitoring all Pediatric EMU patients to ensure patient safety
- Alerts physicians of clinical/subclinical seizures or behavioral arrest changes
- Assists in scheduling LTM procedures and provide accurate instructions
- Troubleshoots EEG reading in real time to minimize the risk of poor or incomplete data
- Recognizes normal and abnormal EEG waveform patterns
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Entry level PC or Microsoft Windows knowledge
- CPR certified in basic cardiac life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) or obtained within 90 days of hire
- 6 months of experience working in an inpatient or outpatient patient setting
- Bachelor's degree
- Job Type/FTE: Registry, 0.1 FTE
- Shift: 9p-5a, 20 hours per week
- Unit/Department: Pediatric Epilepsy Center
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 20 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the third shift, from approximately 9p-5a and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the Hyde Park campus. The days of the week that you are scheduled will vary depending on the week, but we anticipate that you will be scheduled to work on weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday) only every other week.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website