Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Computerized Tomography Scanner Technologist (CT) in the CT Department.
The Computerized Tomography Scanner Technologist performs diagnostic imaging studies as assigned, applies principles of radiation protection, exercises professional judgment in the performance of imaging procedures, provides necessary patient care during the course of imaging procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs imaging duties as assigned
- Positions the patient being tested to insure that proper image capture is achieved
- Selects proper technical factors
- Utilizes computer to record patient status
- Functions proficiently with all technical equipment in diagnostic modality
- Assists physician in performing imaging studies
- Prepares contrast media for administration to patients and assists the physician
- Maintains technical imaging equipment to be in proper working conditioned
- Reports malfunctioning equipment or housekeeping issues to appropriate person
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and neat
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all necessary supplies
CT Technologist Required Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiology technology training in an AMA approved school
- Effective communication skills and excellent patient care skills required
- Current registry by ARRT, advanced CT certification preferred and licensure by the State of Illinois (IDNS)
- CPR training required and BLS training recommended
- Job Type/FTE: Registry (0.2) ; 8-hour shifts
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Computerized Tomography (CT)
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website