Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Clinic RN in the Ambulatory Float Pool.
As a Clinic RN, you will provide patient services in the clinical and research area. You will perform a wide variety of nursing care services to patients under the direction of the Clinical Nursing Supervisor, Physician Director of the practice, and/or Director of Outpatient Operations. Such services can be therapeutic or diagnostic procedures and/or administration of medication. You may participate in all aspects of research clinical trial administration, including: screening, recruitment and interviewing of subject, collection of data from hospital records, telephone follow-up with subjects, and some data entry.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs any or all duties involving direct patient care as assigned by the Clinical Nursing Manager nurse and directed by Nurse Practice Act and Hospital and Patient Services Sector policies and procedures
- Utilizes the educational assessment of the patient and family which is performed by the R.N. to appropriately implement, evaluate, and document patient and family education
- Observes and records vital signs, assesses patient reactions and reports changes to Licensed Medical Physician
- Assists the physician with patient examinations or diagnostic procedures
- Collaborates with the Licensed Medical Physician in formulating plans of care for assigned patients. Interacts with multidisciplinary team members to positively influence patient centered care and focus on problem solving. Works with the patient care team to carry out the agreed upon plan of care
- Administers medication in accordance with policy and procedure utilizing knowledge base to assure patient safety
- Is accountable for communicating all changes in the patient's biophysical, emotional, and spiritual status to the Licensed Medical Physician
- Promotes and has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate patient care protocol relating to the physical and psychological needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients
- Consistently communicates with registered nurse, multidisciplinary team members and physician to enhance quality of patient care and unit activities
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Two to three years' experience as a registered nurse
- 2 years' previous Ambulatory experience
- Computer proficiency. Familiarity with UCH Information Systems (Epic, OACIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to handle a wide variety of public contacts, including conflicts, with patience, tact, courtesy and discretion
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0); 8-Hr Shifts
- Shift: Day
- Unit/Department: Ambulatory Float Pool
- CBA Code: NNU
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront. University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs.
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website