Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Ultrasound Technician in the Dearborn Station OB/GYN clinic. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care. Using advanced ultrasound techniques, UChicago Medicine experts provide imaging that helps to clarify diagnoses and inform care plans.
As an Ultrasound Technician, you will perform ultrasounds and related procedures to demonstrate sectional anatomic images for interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner. The technologist will provide appropriate patient care and recognize patient's conditions essential for successful completion of the procedures. The services are provided in accordance with industry standards, department protocols and hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound procedures selecting proper technical equipment settings and images in proper sequence according to set protocols established by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Engages in general obstetric, high risk obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound procedures.
- Follows directives of the Imaging Team Lead and the Practice Manager to perform high quality imaging studies.
- Consults with the team lead and supervisor when necessary to verify request for procedures to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and method of application.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices, and patient positioning techniques to generate quality images.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care and age-specific sensitivities.
- Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from department when necessary.
- Evaluates the resultant images in comparison with industry standards and takes corrective action, if needed.
- Refers to appropriate reference materials for clarification when needed and consults with Imaging Team Lead when assistance is necessary.
- Provides patient education prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance their comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure.
- Utilizes Radiology information systems in accordance with current guidelines and protocols.
- Documents imaging procedures manually and/or electronically to insure correct charging, and patient and film file tracking.
- Satisfactory completion of formal Ultrasound training program through an accredited school
- Current registry by ARDMS in Abdominal and OB/GYN Imaging
- NT certification required or completion of NT within 120 days of employment
- CPR and BLS training
- OB-GYN experience strongly preferred
- 2 years Ultrasound experience in obstetrics, Level I anatomy, Level II anatomy, high risk ob and gynecology
- Experience with GE and Philips Ultrasound machines
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: First Shift - Days
- Unit/Department: Radiology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website