Join UChicago Medicine Care Network, as a Surgery Coordinator in the River East Multispecialty Clinic. In this role you will primarily support our Women's Health, Gastroenterology, and Endocrinology providers and their surgery coordinating needs.
In this role, the Surgery Coordinator, UCM Care Network schedules patients for procedures and surgery and advises patients of surgical and financial preoperative requirements. Coordinates and schedules appointments for surgeries and procedures at the clinic, ambulatory surgery center or hospital.
- Coordinate and schedule surgeries and procedures and follow-up appointments as designated by physicians according to established policies and procedures. Provide patient with generic preoperative information sheets and advise patients of preoperative surgical and financial requirements. Obtain authorization for surgery from patient's insurance company. Submit patient clinical and financial information to facility assuring appropriate medical records release, if needed. Schedule diagnostic therapy and other treatments as requested.
- Responsible for gathering charge information, coding, entering into data base complete billing process and distributing billing information. Responsible for processing and filing insurance claims and assists patients in completing insurance forms.
- Answer and screen telephone calls in a courteous manner, and record messages for physician and other personnel.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience in a medical office, including experience with insurance preauthorization and patient collections.
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an organized, alphabetized filing system.
- Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients, coworkers and physicians.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: First Shift – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Women's Health/Gastro/Endo
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, between the hours of 8am-4:30pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the River East Clinic. The days of the week that you are scheduled will be Monday-Friday. You will not be scheduled to work on weekends.
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website