Join UChicago Medicine, as a Sterile Processing Technician I in the Sterile Processing Department.
In this role as a Sterile Processing Technician II, you will be responsible for preparing OR surgical case carts decontamination and sterilization of reprocessable supplies, equipment and surgical instruments consistent with innovation of patient care.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs daily inventory of sterile supplies to be kept on hand at all times.
- Maintains environmental cleanliness and order in all work areas.
- Prepares and assembles instrument procedural trays for sterilization.
- Operates gas and steam sterilizer, cart washer, sonic washer, decontamination.
- Surveys and releases all soiled equipment and instrument procedural trays for decontamination.
- Decontaminates supplies according to department policy; washer decontamination, sonic cleaner, cart washer, or hand wash.
- Prepares OR surgical case carts.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Must be able to appropriately and effectively react to requests for emergency supplies
- Must be a clear communicator both verbally and written
- One year in Central Supply as a Process Store Supply Technician is desirable; experience in the central supply of another hospital is desirable
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Evenings, 3pm-11:30pm
- Unit/Department: 377706, SPD- Mitchell
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Apply on company website