Join UChicago Medicine, as a Staffing Coordinator.
Under the direction of the Staffing Resource Office Manager, provide staffing functions to a variety of Patient Care Services' departments. Requires extensive knowledge, understanding and utilization of the hospital's scheduling, acuity, payroll and HR compliance tracking systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Requires excellent customer service skills due to extensive interaction with both internal and external audiences, staff, and leadership at all levels. Essential skills include the ability to follow standard work, participation in managing for daily improvement, understanding and complying with union requirements, handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast pace environment and exercising sound judgment and decision-making using strong prioritization skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service, organizational, written communication, and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required due to extensive interaction with various internal departments, external vendors, staff and leadership at all levels. Able to foster a positive working environment.
- Motivated individual with a customer focus approach toward internal as well as external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to learn new systems and office equipment.
- Proficiency needed in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate ability to handle large volumes of work expeditiously, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Must have a professional demeanor, be able to work independently as well as part of an effective team, and take initiative in following all tasks to completion.
- Bachelor's degree in business or health-care related field.
- One to two years staffing experience and two to three years progressively responsible administrative experience in an academic or hospital environment.
- Familiarity with scheduling and acuity Information Systems.
- Knowledge or familiarity of medical terminology.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (0.9)
- Shift: Nights (3 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend rotation) (7:30pm-8:00am)
- Unit/Department: Staffing
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website