Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Receivables Clerk for our Revenue Cycle division at our campus in Burr Ridge, IL.
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely resolution of patient accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work assigned accounts through the collections system, analyzing them for appropriate action; access and utilize external computer systems including the UCPG/UCHP terminal, the PTS system and the Medicare FSS terminal for inquiry and resolution of accounts, when appropriate.
- Follow all third-party payer guidelines and procedures for collection. Keep current on all policy changes.
- Identify and request all appropriate adjustments to accounts assigned, following payer/department payment guidelines.
- Initiate process for any further billing required on accounts after the primary portion is resolved.
- Recommend aged or rejected accounts for write off to collection agency; process refunds to third party payers, as required.
- Log and maintain file consisting of all payment vouchers, if appropriate; contact patient/responsible party, when required, to obtain information for claim payment.
- Remain current on and follow all departmental policies regarding the collection and processing of accounts receivable.
- Update the collections and BHIS systems with current/correct information, as appropriate.
- Share information with other departments, when appropriate, to increase the effectiveness of the entire collection process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A completed high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two or more years of collections and/or billing office experience
- Ability to work in a multiple computer environment
- Ability to type 25 words per minute accurately and the ability to operate a 10key calculator
- Good mathematical skills
- Above average organizational skills & attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Ability to process a large volume of work in a timely manner
- Exceptional telephone communication skills
- Relevant work experience in a hospital setting
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Unit/Department: Revenue Cycle
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website