Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Practice Manager with our Dermatology clinic. In this role you will be primarily responsible for direct onsite management of the daily operations of the ambulatory physician practice. The Dermatology clinic has extensive experience diagnosing, treating, and preventing a wide range of skin conditions, from common rashes and moles to complex skin cancers and autoimmune disorders.
In this role, the Practice Manager partners with key leaders across UCM departments in decision making and ensures a bidirectional flow of information. The Manager promotes excellence in all areas of ambulatory operations and serves as the champion for continued process improvement work. The Manager will focus on the patient and family experience, quality and safety, coordination of care across the continuum, use of technological tools and solutions including EPIC, metrics reporting, customer service, and oversees the budget, billing and related revenue cycle services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Day to day management of practice operations. Including: Establishes staff schedule and daily assignments. Responsible for time and attendance and monitoring overtime. Oversight of practice specific issues with IS, facilities, EVS, supplies, etc. Ensures practice compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. JCAHO, IDPH, CAP/CLIA). Collaborates with providers and staff to ensure efficient patient throughput. Actively monitors performance metrics and daily reports to make real time adjustments. Ensures patients and family's needs are met. Participates in service recovery at the point of issue
- Responsible for performance management and performance evaluations for all employees
- Collaborates closely with all scheduling groups (i.e. Burr Ridge call center, OR scheduling)
- Monitors the operating budget for labor and non-labor expenses
- Oversees charge entry, denials, disputes and billholds
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare and customer service, ideally overseeing an ambulatory practice framework
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to manage large and complex organizational units with varying needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physician leaders, preferably in an academic medical center environment.
- Exceptional talent in the selection and mentoring of a high-quality team.
- Proven ability to use data to drive performance improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree in healthcare related field
- Illinois RN license
- Experience using LEAN for performance Improvement is desirable
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Dermatology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website