Join University of Chicago Medicine, as a Cardiac Sonographer in the Pediatric Heart Station. In this role, the Cardiac Sonographer will perform pediatric transthoracic echocardiography studies as well as all aspects of echocardiographic imaging under the direct supervision of a supervisor/medical director.
The University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital echocardiography experts perform many types of echo procedures, including: transthoracic echocardiography, fetal echocardiography, and Transesophogeal Echocardiography (TEE). Comer Children's pediatric lab is accredited by Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in Pediatric, Fetal and Transesophogeal Echocardiograms.
Cardiac Sonographer Job Functions
- Prepares patients and performs transthoracic echo procedures.
- Reviews indications, compares previous studies to accurately answer all questions by referring physician,
- Communicates with patients, customers, and staff in a respectful and compassionate manner
- Utilizes Intellispace Cardiovascular (ISCV) data archiving system and EPIC Electronic Medical Records system to record, charge and report procedures.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of clinical hours at accredited lab
- Good communication skills, both written and speech
- Obtaining Pediatric registry status within a year with either Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Two years of clinical experience outside school hours in cardiac sonography
- Accreditation with ARDMS or CCI. Passed boards.
- Ability to independently perform comprehensive examinations
- Basic computer skills to work with the IntelliSpace digital archiving system
- RDCS (ARDMS) (PE)
- RCS (CCI) (congenital echo)
- Registry, 0.1 FTE - Approximately one 10-hour shift per week
- Shift: 8a-6p
- Unit/Department: Pediatric Heart Station
Apply on company website