Join UChicago Medicine, as a Patient Care Manager for the Rescue Care & Resiliency Team (RRT).
The University of Chicago Medicine is designated as a Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, meaning the hospital is prepared to handle the most seriously injured trauma patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Patient Care Manager has the responsibility and accountability with the Nursing and Medical Directors for planning, organizing and directing of all activities related to patient-centered care, fostering nursing excellence and the retention and recruitment of staff on a designated unit in the care center.
On the Rapid Response / Critical Care Outreach Team, we provide early and rapid intervention to critically unstable patients located outside of the critical care capable areas, but within the medical Center. The team also uses early waring score-based proactive rounding to identify and proactively evaluate and intervene with patient physiological instability.
- In this role as a Patient Care Manager, you will have responsibility and accountability for planning, organizing, and directing all activities related to the provision of excellent patient centered care for the Rapid Response / Critical Care Outreach Team as well as being part of the rescue and resiliency and simulation center teams.
- In this role, through collaboration with the directors, medical staff , and other interprofessional staff members, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to keen oversight of all unit based operations (Capacity & Access, Finance, Patient Experience, Engagement and Quality).
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to maintain an open network of communication among staff members, care center and sector leadership, and other health care professionals and departments.
- Communicating with Patients and Customers, Adjusting to Patient and Customer Needs Respecting One Another, Maintaining an Appropriate Environment.
- Uses a broad theoretical knowledge base and the principles of patient centered care to assist in the establishment of patient centered care standards.
- Demonstrates clinical and leadership skills, serving as a role model for staff members.
- Recognizes and identifies clinical practice problems and facilitates solutions.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the budget within established guidelines.
- Schedules staff in accordance with patient care needs and union contracts.
- Provides and supports an environment which encourages staff to accept responsibility for learning as part of the development of their own professional practice.
- Complies with standards and regulations of various licensing, regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates awareness of and compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher, Master's degree preferred.
- Current Illinois RN license
- Minimum of Four years nursing experience.
- Minimum of Three years of recent ICU or EDU experience.
- BLS and ACLS
Leadership/project management/quality improvement experience
- RN experience in a Teaching Hospital
- 2 years of Nursing Management / Leadership experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (40 hours)
- Shift: Day
- Unit/Department: Rescue Care & Resiliency Team (RRT)
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website