Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as an Oncology Nurse Navigator with our Hem/Onc team at our main Hyde Park campus. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care.
Under the direction of a faculty sponsor and in collaboration with the program support team, the Oncology Nurse Navigator coordinates the care of patients through the disease process and acts as a clinical liaison for patients, across medical services and clinical departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assesses clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial, financial, and other patient needs.
- Facilitates resolution to patient needs and monitors follow up.
- Educates/reinforces education with patients and families on disease, treatments, side effects, adverse reactions, and reportable signs/symptoms based on multidisciplinary care plan.
- Coordinates discharge planning with the patient's family, social workers, home nursing staff, oncologists, and personal physicians.
- Works with patients and family members to ensure discharge instructions are understood and followed.
- Develops and/or coordinates development of patient education materials, clinical pathways, and quality studies.
- Coordinates and/or participates in multidisciplinary consultations and/or tumor conference.
- Documents recommendations made at multidisciplinary consultations and/or tumor conferences.
- Registered Nurse with a current Illinois license
- Graduate of a National League for Nursing accredited School of Nursing with BSN
- OCN Certification
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider
- Minimum of two years hematology/oncology clinical nursing experience with demonstrated clinical competence in patient care, teaching and management of patients with a cancer diagnosis, and knowledge about clinical aspects of oncology including protocol therapy and data management.
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8-Hour Shift
- Unit/Department: Hematology/Oncology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website