Join UChicago Medicine, as an Nurse Anesthetist in our Anesthesiology Department.
As an Nurse Anesthetist, you will be responsible for providing patient care and support throughout the perioperative period. This can include preoperative assessment and sedation, administration and management of an anesthetic, and discontinuation of the anesthetic and postoperative management.
Come join an Elite group of CRNAs in one of the country's finest Academic Medical Centers. See all surgical and procedural disciplines. Experience state of the art Level One Trauma patient care. And work with world renowned Medical professionals in every area of service.
Essential Job Functions
- Acquires anesthesia drugs from the satellite pharmacy, prepares anesthesia drugs and delivery system.
- Functions as a member of the Care Team to carry out the plan for each patient and the Care Center.
- Performs preoperative assessment of the patient, which includes chart review, preop patient interview, history and physical if necessary, and establishes an anesthesia plan based on findings and discussion with the surgeon and attending anesthesiologist.
- Demonstrates an expert proficiency in airway management, which includes mask ventilation, laryngeal mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the management and/or placement of current monitoring techniques and procedures in the perioperative period which include but are not limited to: ECG placement and interpretation, arterial line placement, central line catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, transesophegeal echocardiography, peripheral nerve stimulator's.
- Records all pertinent perioperative events on the patient's chart and anesthesia record.
- Transports patients postoperatively to an appropriate location based on anesthetic technique and patient's condition, and reports the patient's condition and anesthetic concerns to the appropriate clinician.
- In collaboration with the attending anesthesiologist, the CRNA will demonstrate proficiency in the management of the induction, maintenance, and emergence of anesthesia.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Current Illinois RN and APN Licensure
- BSN Required
- BLS and ACLS certificate required
- Must be a graduate of an A.A.N.A approved nurse anesthesia program
- Pass the National Certification Examination following graduation
- Must be certified or certification-eligible by the A.A.N.A
- Must be certified or certification-eligible by the NBCRNA
- Graduation with a minimum of a master's degree from a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- A minimum of one year full-time work experience, or its part-time equivalent, as a registered nurse in a critical care setting
- Must maintain certification through continuing education
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Rotating
- Unit/Department: Nurse Anesthetist
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Apply on company website