Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Medical Assistant with our Float Pool in Hyde Park. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care.
In this role, a Medical Assistant is an employee who performs a wide variety of patient care services under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practice nurse (APN) or physician. Such services can involve therapeutic and/or diagnostic procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Know and practice the University of Chicago Medical Center's Pride Values and Patient Centered Care Definition and Principles.
- Perform any or all duties involving direct patient care as assigned by the registered nurse or physician and within the scope of the Nursing policies and procedures.
- Appropriately implement and document patient and family education as delegated by the RN or physician.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Perform tests, i.e. pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and hemocults, etc., specific to the patient population.
- Document all aspects of patient care according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy services.
- Assist with collection of specimens. Perform labeling and logging of specimens in compliance with hospital standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A completed High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited body
- A current certificate of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training through the American Heart Association
- Must have phlebotomy experience
- Experience working in a community health setting
- Completion of a certified/registered program for medical assistants (NHA, AMT, NCCT, AAMA, AAH) within probationary period
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an organized, alphabetized filing system
- General working knowledge of PC. Excel, Microsoft Word for windows, OASIS and EPIC
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
- Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients, coworkers, and physicians
- Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting, and transporting supplies and instruments
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Float Pool
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, from approximately 8:00am-4:30pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the Hyde Park campus. The days of the week that you are scheduled will vary depending on the week, but we anticipate that you will be scheduled to work rotating Saturdays.
Apply on company website