Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist in the MRI Department.
Sign-on Bonus up to $3,750
As the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist, you will perform MRI exams on outpatient, inpatient and pediatric patients. You will assist the MRI Imaging Center Leader in maintaining continuity in the day-to-day operations of imaging facilities located in the DCAM, Comer, CCD, and Mitchell Hospitals. The MRI Technologist will also act as a content expert to other technologists/students for the purpose of teaching and instructing them in MR scanning (including, but not limited to exams under the general categories of neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, abdominal, breast, pediatric, cardiac, and MR guided procedural scans. In this role, you will review all MRI patient safety information prior to exam and screens all patients so exams are performed in a safe manner. You will review all MRI requisitions for clinical information before presentation to radiologist for proper imaging protocol. The MRI Technologist will inspect images for quality, formatting and labeling before submitting to the Radiologist for interpretation Perform imaging protocols under directions of Radiologist. You will also regularly attend department meetings and discuss opportunities for improving procedures and quality of exams and patient throughput and provide cross coverage of imaging team leader in their absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform MR scans as trained and holds competency for MR procedures.
- Possess knowledge of and utilize appropriate care protocol relating to the physical and psychological needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, young and mature adults, and geriatric patients.
- Review all requisitions to ensure correct exam(s) have been ordered and allotted the proper time frame.
- Coordinate exams that require direct Radiologist involvement, and review/evaluate completed exams for quality and proper format.
- Make notation to Radiologist when images are to be repeated and the proper technical factors needed for correction.
- Ensure correct data is entered into RIS checking that all exams have been properly verified and correct exam(s) ordered has been verified.
- Verify that correct information is recorded in patient exam log, with regularly auditing of exam log and proper archiving in iSite, EPIC, and Radiant.
- Report and record all malfunctioning equipment to Manager, MRI Team Leader and/or Radiology Engineering appropriately.
- Educate other technologists on PACS/process of how to network and how to check that all images have been saved in PACS.
- Assisting staff with RIS updates and revisions.
- Develop an effective and collaborative relationship with the physician leadership in the MRI section of the department.
- Act as a key contact for those customers that need assistance with MRI questions, issues, and concerns.
- Work with physicians, nursing floors, radiologists, and Imaging Team Leaders to prioritize and coordinate the daily workload as appropriate.
- Ensure safety of patients and non-radiology staff in and around the MRI scanner.
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain appropriate accreditation.
- Perform daily quality assurance (QA) scans to ensure the system is in good working order.
- Check to ensure that routine PMs (Preventive Maintenance) are performed as scheduled.
- Routinely check the RF coils for damage/and report repairs as needed.
- Current registry by ARRT, advanced MR certification and licensure by the State of Illinois (IDNS)
- CPR and BLS training
- Formal training in MR scanning and possesses the ability to apply knowledge of physics and system hardware and software to problem solve to obtain the highest quality images possible
- Competently perform high quality MR exams and to educate all technologists in the use of MRI equipment
- Possess progressively advanced imaging experience as an MRI technologist
- Proficient with the following applications: MRA, Peripheral, post processing workstation, Cardiac, Pediatric, Neuroradiology, abdominal, musculoskeletal, thoracic, procedural, and breast imaging
- Knowledge of PACS, EPIC and Radiant
- Minimum two years of Full-Time MRI experience
- Job Type/FTE: 0.50 FTE
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: MRI
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Apply on company website