Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as an LPN/Licensed Practical Nurse in the Primary Care clinic. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care.
Sign-On Bonus Eligible!
In this role, the Licensed Practical Nurse performs a wide variety of nursing care services to patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Such services can be therapeutic or diagnostic procedures and/or administration of medication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clinical Practice: Assess patient condition prior to and after treatments and procedures. Documents observations. Notifies physician if patient condition is unstable. Perform vital signs and other clinical responsibilities.
- Leadership: Consistently communicates with registered nurses, multidisciplinary team members and physicians to enhance quality of patient care and ambulatory care activities.
- Behavioral & Performance Standards: Knows and practices The University of Chicago Hospitals Pride Values and Patient Centered Care Definition and Principles. Practices "teamwork" to create a positive work environment. Strives to anticipate the needs of our patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hold an active & current LPN license in the State of Illinois
- Hold an active CPR certification and completion of a Pharmacological course & exam
- The knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriately to patients
- Experience in a busy ambulatory practice
- Experience in Oncology and/or Gynecology
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days – 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Primary Care
- CBA Code: Non-Union
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, from approximately 8:30am-5:00pm and will not be scheduled for on-call shifts. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the Hyde Park campus. The days of the week that you are scheduled will be Monday-Friday, with rotating weekend shifts once per month.
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website